This report provides a snapshot of the US Executive Branch priorities via daily schedules and the prior day’s press releases.
9:45 a.m. EST – The President and The Vice President receive the President’s Daily Brief | Oval Office
10:30 a.m. EST – The President and The Vice President receive a COVID-19 briefing | Oval Office
9:45 a.m. EST – the Vice President will receive the President’s Daily Brief in the Oval Office.
10:30 a.m. EST – The President and The Vice President will receive a briefing from members of their COVID-19 team on the COVID-19 response and the state of vaccinations.
11:15 a.m. EST – the Vice President will convene a virtual roundtable with Sen. Patty Murray, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto, Rep. Rosa DeLauro, Rep. Barbara Lee and women leaders from advocacy organizations to discuss the importance of passing the American Rescue Plan for women in the economy | South Court Auditorium
White House Press Briefing Schedule*
12:30 p.m. EST – Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki | The White House
*The US President (POTUS) and Vice President’s (VPOTUS) daily schedules are subject to change, as is the White House press briefing schedule.
Recap of Wednesday, February 17, 2021
Note: Bold hyperlinks spotlight COVID-19 and reopening developments.
The White House
- Readout of Labor Leaders Meeting to Discuss the American Rescue Plan and Infrastructure
- Remarks by President Biden Before Meeting with Labor Leaders to Discuss the American Rescue Plan and Infrastructure
- Fact Sheet: Biden Administration to Take Steps to Bolster Registered Apprenticeships
- Executive Order on the Revocation of Executive Order 13801 (labor-related)
- Readout of the White House’s Meeting with Community Violence Prevention Experts
- Transcript: Press Briefing by White House COVID-19 Response Team and Public Health Officials
- Fact Sheet: President Biden Announces New Actions to Expand and Improve COVID-19 Testing
- Readout of President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Call with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel
- Readout of National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan’s Call with Stephen Lovegrove, Incoming National Security Advisor to the Prime Minister of the United Kingdom
- Readout of National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan Call with National Security Advisor Hermogenes Esperon of the Philippines
- Transcript: Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jen Psaki and Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology Anne Neuberger, February 17, 2021
- Statement by President Joe Biden on Ash Wednesday
- Disaster Declaration: President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Approves Alaska Disaster Declaration
- Nominations: President Biden Announces Key Nomination on Jobs Team
Department of Defense (DOD)
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III’s Remarks at Day One of the NATO Defense Ministerial
- Article: NATO Defense Ministers Aim for New Chapter in Alliance History
- Article: Austin Pleased With Discussions With NATO Leaders
- Publication: COVID-19 Travel Restrictions Installation Status Update, Feb. 17, 2021
- Article: Two Federally Supported Vaccination Sites Open In California, More to Follow
- Article: DOD Officials Testify on National Guard’s COVID-19 Response
- Contracts for February 17, 2021
Department of State
- Daily Schedule | Thursday, February 18
- February 17: Readout | Secretary Blinken’s Call with Guatemalan Foreign Minister Brolo
- February 17: Remarks | Secretary Antony J. Blinken Remarks to the UN Security Council Briefing on COVID-19 and Vaccine Access
- February 17: Statement | U.S. Special Presidential Envoy for Climate John Kerry to Mark Official U.S. Reentry into Paris…