The Society of the Advancement of Material and Process Engineering (SAMPE, Diamond Bar, Calif., U.S.) has announced the following as its Executive Cabinet officers for its 2021-2022 term. This group of peer-elected volunteers will lead SAMPE North America’s goals and strategies:
- President – Jerome Berg, staff engineer, Aerospace Structures Division, Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems (NGIS, Dulles, Virg., U.S.)
- Executive Vice President – Scott Stephenson, director, Strategic Initiatives and Events, CompositesWorld
- Vice President – Sarah Cox, materials engineer, NASA (Washington, D.C., U.S.)
- Treasurer – German Reyes-Villanueva, Ph.D., associate professor, University of Michigan-Dearborn
- Secretary – LaNetra Tate, Ph.D., deputy program manager, Space Communications Projects Division, NASA GSFC (Greenbelt, M.D., U.S.)
- Immediate Past President – Tim Shaughnessy, president and CEO, Rapid Cure Technologies, Inc. (Syracuse, N.Y., U.S.).
The 2021-2023 SAMPE North America representatives to the Global Board of Directors are:
- Tim Shaughnessy, President & CEO, Rapid Cure Technologies, Inc.
- Paul Wienhold, Principal Professional Staff, materials process engineer, Johns Hopkins University (Baltimore, M.D., U.S.), Applied Physics Laboratory
Additionally, the SAMPE North America Executive Cabinet would like to announce and welcome the 2021 Parliamentarian, Sana Elyas, R&D program manager, Arris Composites (Berkeley, Calif., U.S.).
SAMPE’s North America Executive Cabinet and its Board of Directors will next meet June 4, 2021 virtually.