By Mike Cook
The Las Cruces Museum of Nature and Science (MONAS) continues to offer take-out activity kits in March.
Kits are free but require a reservation. Email Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve kits.
Kits are available while supplies last and must be picked up Wednesday, March 17, following state health mandates.
MONAS kits for March are as follows:
- “Saturday Family Science – All About Digestion.” Explore digestion by modeling the human digestive tract and experimenting with enzymes. Recommended for ages 7 and up.
- “STEAMpunk – Linda Buck, Biologist.” Learn about how we sense smell and create an olfactory experience with water beads. Recommended ages 7 and up.
- “Nature & Science Discovery Pre-K.” Explore the universe with two space-themed activities in a Planeteers kit. Recommended for ages 2-5. “Captain Planet and the Planeteers” is an animated television series.
- “Terrariums.” Get creative and make your own terrarium at home. Recommended for ages 7 and up.
- “Dr. Seuss Day.” Explore science through the lens of Dr. Seuss’ creative characters. Recommended for all ages. Theodore Seuss Geisel wrote and illustrated more than 60 books under the pen name Dr. Seuss, including some of the most popular children’s books of all time.
MONAS, 411 N. Main St. downtown, is accessible from RoadRUNNER Transit Route 1 Stop 36.
Visit http://las-cruces.org/museums or follow city museums on Facebook and Instagram @LCMuseums.